We are the designers and manufacturers of best in class road maintenance solutions.
|Job Title||Head of Finance|
|Reports To||Managing Director|
|Location||This role operates on a hybrid working model, meaning the majority of this role can be carried out from your home. On occasion it may be necessary to attend the Jamestown site or to travel to other sites, including abroad to achieve business goals.|
|Contract Type||Full Time|
|Benefits||23 days Annual Leave per annum
Paid E-Worker Relief, when appropriate
Employee Assistance Program
Company Pension Scheme (5% contribution matched)
Death In Service Insurance* & Income protection*
*for Pension scheme members
About this role:
Operating from our Head Office in Jamestown, Co Leitrim on a hybrid basis, the successful candidate will lead a busy, fast paced Finance Team. This is a critical role within the finance function and within the Group Senior Management team. This role covers reporting, daily finance operations and Financial Planning & Analysis for the Group with two operating companies, within a fast-paced road repair services contracting and SME manufacturing environment.
We are seeking an initiative-taking individual, with great problem-solving ability and a clear commercial acumen, a resilient leader with high integrity and an approachable demeanour. This is a chance to work in an innovative company and is ideally suited to someone with experience in an SME manufacturing environment with UK and European experience beneficial.
Principal areas of responsibilities
Finance Operations & Financial Reporting
- Direct and prepare all statutory and corporate financial statements, reports, and analysis for the group of companies. Liaise with external and internal auditors, tax, and legal advisors, providing all necessary information and process support
- Compliance with all tax, company law and financial reporting requirements, in conjunction with the Groups statutory auditors and across all jurisdictions
- Oversight of the monthly financial reporting for the business group, ensuring monthly deadlines are achieved
- Direct and participate in the annual budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning processes, ensuring compliance to timetables and procedures
- Responsible for Treasury, cash-flow forecasts/planning, and FX contracts
- Establish, maintain, and further develop effective internal control procedures and systems, ensuring that they are sufficiently adequate to protect the assets, profitability, and cash flow of the various businesses.
- Preparation of pricing strategies and proposals for potential new customers and products
- Preparation of cost / benefit analysis on new initiatives, risk identification & mitigation
- Participate as an integral part of the Manufacturing Operations Management Team, providing financial analysis, evaluations, decision making insights and interpretations on all aspects of manufacturing operations
- Participate as an integral part of the Contracting Operations Management Team, providing financial analysis, evaluations, decision making insights and interpretations on all aspects of contracting operations
- Bring forward initiatives to drive financial performance, resolve cost problems and recommend cost management concepts, methods, and procedures to facilitate operational controls
- Review CAPEX proposals and prepare business case analysis to support same with supporting financial analysis.
- Act as Finance Lead on strategic projects such as new product development, capital investments, continuous improvement and other site initiatives as required
- Drive process efficiencies through the implementation, monitoring and ongoing improvement of the Finance system processes to meet business needs in an efficient and effective manner
- Preparation and review of commercial arrangements and contracts
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team to produce appropriately challenging business plans which enable the organisation to deliver on its ambitions
- Use financial insights and perspectives to provide input to the Senior Leadership Team on the company’s strategic plans – particularly on commercial challenges and opportunities
- Play a key role in decisions relating to business planning, pricing, and strategic development
- Trusted sounding board for group MD, supporting strategic thinking and business development
- Ad-hoc project work will be ongoing
- Managing the Finance team and collaboration with other departments
- Team development, mentoring and engagement
- Drive continuous improvement and process innovation within the Finance team
- Develop and maintain a team atmosphere & approach in the Finance department
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Qualified Accountant (Chartered Accountant or equivalent)
- Relevant post qualification experience gained in an SME manufacturing / engineering environment
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel/Power Query. Experience of Sage 50 Professional and ERP systems
- Has proven leadership competencies, is a positive role model to others and has a flexible working attitude
- Familiarity with customs procedures desirable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take ownership and responsibility for the role and ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment meeting rigorous deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity are essential
- Understanding of and adherence to data privacy standards
- European languages a plus
- Eligible to live and work in Ireland
- Valid driving licence desired
- Flexibility to travel as business demands require
About our group:
Archway Products Ltd. (APL) is based in Co. Leitrim and was established in 1990. We have grown over the years and now specialise in the design, manufacturing and sale and hire of the Roadmaster Patcher, a road repair machine and vehicle which utilise a Spray Injection Patching methodology to repairs potholes and road surface defects. The company had a strong Irish and UK market and aims to expand into the European market.
Archway Roadmaster UK Ltd. (ARUK) is a UK registered company based in Scunthorpe, which focuses on the hire of the Roadmaster Patcher and of experienced operators for contracts of various durations to local authorities and term maintenance contractors throughout the UK.
If you are interested in our company and this role, please submit your CV accompanied by your cover letter outlining what has attracted you to the role, and why you think you are the best person for this position.
Closing date for applications: 26th September 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org