||Automation Control Engineer
||Manufacturing Production Manager
||Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim
||Full-time permanent position
About the company:
Archway Products Ltd. was established in 1990 and has grown over the years to specialise in the design, manufacturing, sale and hire of the Roadmaster Patcher, a road repair machine and vehicle which utilise a Spray Injection Patching methodology to repairs potholes and road surface defects. Innovation and determination are at the heart of our success and we devote time and resources to ongoing research and development projects. With a strong Irish and UK market, we are currently exploring expansion opportunities in other markets.
As a growing SME, we don’t offer what a larger corporation might, however we do offer a great place to work, with a small collaborative team and the passion of knowing the future is ours to make where each individual’s contribution has a direct impact on the success of the company. Benefits include:
• Company Matched Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Life Assurance
• Income Protection Cover
• Relaxed dress code
• Free parking
About the role:
Due to our continued growth, we wish to hire an Automation Control Engineer. This is a new role which will work as part of the Production Group, reporting to the Manufacturing Production Manager. The successful candidate will have significant input in the development of product control systems, which will be both exciting and challenging. This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious engineer to design and develop the automation systems and supporting infrastructure which forms the core of the company’s flagship product.
This role will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the control systems for the range of plant manufactured by the company so experience in the automotive industry is highly desirable, as is a proven track record in PLC code design, development, and validation. As Industry 4.0 gains traction, the engineer will need to be familiar with proven IoT technologies and protocols including time-series databases, MQTT, edge computing as well as supporting cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure IoT Hub.
The items listed include main responsibilities, but it is not an all-encompassing list.
• Lead the research and development of the automation system for the 3rd generation of Roadmaster vehicles
• Lead the development of a full suite of dynamic real-time reporting dashboards derived from on-board vehicle telemetry and systems. (e.g., sensor telemetry, machine state, driver ID’s, GPS location, Fuel consumption, materials usage, etc.)
• Conduct a full review of existing program and make recommendations on improvements
• Maintain current PLC programs on existing vehicles
• Roll out program changes as required to existing vehicles
• Manage and control revisions of all programs currently active on all vehicles
• Integrating with vehicle manufacturer CAN Bus systems to give end-to-end visibility of complete vehicle status and operation
• Liaise with Production during initial machine manufacture
• Production of support documentation including BOMs and manuals.
• Design PLC architecture and controls Flow.
• Create and maintain functional & technical specifications
• Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with vehicle manufacturing requirements
• Ensure goals and objectives are met and understood by effective communication, building an atmosphere of openness, honesty, and flexibility with individuals and within the team environment.
• Manage external relationships with Technology providers / Suppliers.
• Researching solutions to existing process problems
• Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled
• Other ad-hoc duties as required to meet business needs
• Must be motivated & able to work on own initiative
• Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
• Possess strong writing & documentation skills, methodical in your approach
• Able to work well as part of a team
Candidate experience/ education:
• Engineering Level 8 degree, or equivalent qualification essential
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role required
• A proven track record in PLC code design, development and validation is essential
• Experience in the automotive industry is highly desirable
• Ability to design control systems is essential
• Strong technical background and capabilities
• Ability to manage multiple versions of programmes across a range of vehicles
• Ability to manage concurrent development streams
• Experience with Eaton HMi and IFM control systems desired
• Experience using accepted industry best practice tools and frameworks to manage multideployment code and configuration changes, e.g., CODESYS Automation Server 2.5/3.5
• Knowledge of ISO and CE compliance requirements
• Knowledge of IoT and Industry 4.0 best practice
• Experience of PLC communication protocols essential, CAN Bus protocol beneficial
• Experience of sourcing appropriate hardware for the end-to-end build-out of entire systems (sensors, HMI units, etc.) beneficial
• A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost-effective solutions
• Excellent working knowledge of equipment and process validation
• Must be eligible to live and work in Ireland
How to apply:
To apply for this role please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is February 21st, 2021.
Archway Products Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applications will be treated as confidential and in line with GDPR regulations.